Feb 21, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson is dead by apparent suicide at age 67.

There is so much to say about this...so much that I can't even begin to compose my thoughts right now. Hunter Thompson was a true American treasure, a great writer (and man) the likes of which we are unlikely to see again. It seems like I've been saying that too much lately...but it's as true of Thompson as it has ever been of anyone else. I always harbored a dream of meeting him someday, since his work has meant so much to my development as a writer. I suspect that I share that sentiment with a great many others, and I join them in their mourning. This is truly sad. I don't know how else I can say it.

In tribute to him, this blog will remain dark for awhile so that anyone who happens to visit it can take an opportunity (whether the first or just one in a series) to remember him.

May he rest in peace.

No comments: