Mar 11, 2006

I've been spending as much time as I can over the past week or so trying to put together the promo website for Borrowed Time. Here's a preliminary screencap of the homepage:

(click for larger version)

That illustration is the work of Tony Larson and his collaborator Mark Penxa, and it quite obviously rules. It's an image that will be making several more appearances before all is said and done.

I'm working with Apple's iWeb to build the site, and it's the strangest program I've ever used. It's easier than Dreamweaver or GoLive, but not nearly as flexible. It's harder than Blogger or Wordpress, but more versatile. It happens to suit my purposes pretty well, but at the same time I can't imagine it being useful to a large number of people.

There's going to be a weblog, as well, which should be up and running very soon. Also don't forget to stay up to date with Joe Infurnari, without whom this book just doesn't make as much sense as it does. His arrival on this project was serendipitous in a way that can only mean big things. The wait has been worth it for me, and it will be worth it for you.

No comments: