Aug 4, 2006

I didn't buy much at Comic Con this year, a marked departure from my usual habits. Lacking money will do that to you. But I did pick up the latest installment of Anders Nilsen's Big Questions series, and I'd be terribly remiss if I didn't mention it.


Nilsen is a serious talent, and I can't recommend his books enough. He has an impressive ability to blend the abstract and the emotional to create work that both moves you and makes you think. He's doing the kind of comics that I wish everyone was reading, because if they did they'd understand the potential of the medium.

While you're at it, he also designed a painfully hot skateboard deck. Check it out.

He's part of The Holy Consumption, and Paul, Jeffrey, and John are equally worth your attention. They're all pretty amazing.

I should also point something out here, not just for this post but for many others: I want you all to know that when I recommend something, it is only because I believe in it and feel as though the folks who come by here, because you're interested in my work and/or what I have to say, will dig it likewise. This weblog is guided by passion (and positivity) above all else.

I also picked up one other book worth mentioning, and I'll do that as soon as I'm finished reading it.

No comments: