Mar 12, 2007

In keeping with the last post about giving work away, it's time to do something I've been planning on for a long time: give some work away.

You all remember the article I wrote recently about designers Milton Glaser and Paula Scher. The contents of the article represent a small fraction of the material I collected in the conversations I had with them. Once upon a time I wanted to write a second piece for another publication, but as of right now it doesn't look like that's going to happen. So...I thought I'd make the transcripts of my interviews available for anyone who's interested.

pdf downloads:

of the Glaser interview here.
of the Scher interview here.

On top of that, I wanted to share my scripts for Borrowed Time volumes one and two. If you're a fan of the book this should give you an insight akin to looking at sketches or character designs. At the very least it's a look into the comic book script format (as filtered through me - these aren't standard) and the ways and hows of making a book come to life.

pdf downloads:

of issue one here.
of issue two here.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on these, but even if you don't chime in I hope you enjoy.

No comments: